Thursday, August 2, 2007

True Incident…

I do not exactly recollect how many years back this happened, but I was in school when this incident happened. We along with our grandparents had been to our native village and visited the local temple. Grandpa seemed to know one of the temple staff and chatted with him before we left. We had to walk down to the bus stop to catch a bus to the nearest big town. As we were walking down the road (it was late evening), the power went off and as a result all street lights went off. I was very scared to walk since I knew that snakes and insects would run freely in the darkness in villages. My grandpa sensed my fear and asked me to keep repeating the lord’s name and that he will surely help me. After a few moments we heard someone calling out grandpa’s name, it turned out to be the same person with whom he chatted at the temple. He had a lantern in his hand and came up to us and said that he will accompany us to the bus stop since he thought the children (me included) would be frightened to walk in the dark. Grandpa immediately told me “ see I told u no, god will help u when u take his name with utmost devotion”. To this day, I can’t stop thinking of this incident; it has only help increase my faith in the lord. It was not necessary for that person to come out and help us, but still he came and helped us out. Grandpa always reminds me of this incident now also and tells me to follow the same advice he gave at that time…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very true, if we pray with true devotion, god is sure to show us the way

Anonymous said...

When god shuts the doors..he atleast opens a window!!!

ideasmoney.blogspot.com

Spontaneous Mini said...

thats so true even i have experienced that when we pray to God with full devotion He always comes to our rescue.
nice blog. read a few will come for more.
do check me out too.

Shubha Ravikoti said...

it has happened to me many times.... when ever i feel difficultly... i say hanuman chalisa... and immidiately all problems get solved.... god is great. :)

Kamini said...

:) Very nice blog!!! This post really touched a chord.

SUYASH said...

U ARE RIGHT.IF WE CALL OUT GOD'S NAME WITH FULL DEVOTION HE IS SURELY GOING TO HELP U.THIS IS A VERY GOOD STORY AND IS IS OF GREAT HELP IN WRITING ESSAY ON SAME.