Thursday, February 28, 2008

Prized Possessions

Whatsinaname tagged me to write about my prized possessions. Some of my prized possessions are with my mom, but prized they are so they will figure in this list.

To start with, my mom has preserved the tiny finger ring I wore on my naming ceremony ( very long back I assure you). Another prized possession with her are the photographs of both sets of grandparents (then newly married) taken in the 1940's. The prizes I won in my school days comprising of games, steel plates and certificates are still intact, the earliest one being two books I received in KG. I have my late grandpa's bedsheet and pillow cover and a cassette containing his voice to remind me that he is always beside me. I have even preserved the envelopes (yes!) in which I got cash money as prizes in school for topping in 10th std. And the letters written to me by my grandparents and uncles and aunts complimenting me for the prizes I got. I also have some letters written by my grandpa to me when I was abroad. A special mention for the postcard written to me by my grandfather-in-law when I was travelling. Our school had the practice of intimating the first rank holder in advance by post, I have those postcards too. Among the recent possessions are the showpieces and stuffed toys gifted by office colleagues when I quit. That's all I can think of now..

6 comments:

~nm said...

Wow! What possessions you have! Seems like a big treasurebox!

And you seem to be such a nerd..always topping and getting first ranks ehh?? Wow! I just want to hide away in some corner looking at my grades compared to you. I was always a mediocre in studies. But one that my Ma and Appa kept telling me was that I wasn't a mediocre but lazy in writing the exams. So many a times I would leave the half done paper and submit it since I would be bored of writing. *Blush* But anyhow can't be a consolation for my bad grades. :(

Preethi said...

Thats a lovely collection of treasures!! First rank eh?? :)

Aryan-Arjun said...

AHH...First rank..Hats of to you
Aryan's mom

Pixie said...

Wow!! very nice...
it was nice reading abt ur treasures...
oh, i've tagged u again! :-)

Timepass said...

thks guys..
the only thing I can say proudly abt myself are the first ranks...

K 3 said...

First ranks ... belated congrats, I guess! nice read