Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sweet Shops or Slimming Clinics?

The festival season is always a challenge for dieters/people trying to lose and maintain weight. Newspapers carry advertisements of both sweet shops as well as of clinics guaranteeing weight loss side by side. It is in the hands of the individual to decide where to go to! As a sweet loving nation, we never say no to sweets and end up exchanging boxes and boxes of sweets and eating the sweets by giving the excuse of " They will get spoilt, so I better eat it".

I often wonder how come articles and advertisements guaranteeing the perfect body shape feature immediately after Diwali/similar festivals. So many clinics guarantee weight loss to gear up for the New Year, a good 2 months away. I guess many people pamper themselves during Diwali, then join a slimming clinic to be in shape for the new year and then pamper themselves again during the new year to start the process all over. The only people benefiting from this are the sweet shops and the slimming clinics!!( cause they get regular customers). Doctors always say that a combination of regular exercise and healthy diet always gives good results. So here I go to eat the sweets lying on the dining table! (oops, did I say something wrong?)

4 comments:

dame's diary said...

LOL...
Yup it is all a conspiracy ..

Chiniiz n Sugarz Mom.. Swati said...

ha ha! agree with you.. thing is this happens to me throughout the year and not only diwali :)

Collection Of Stars said...

:) I too end up eating sweets thinking to myself "They will get spoilt, so I better eat it" ;)

WhatsInAName said...

Not fair na!
Why do worlds yummiest things be so fattening? :)