Monday, November 19, 2007

How about you??

Have you been to a wedding reception where the salad is kept next to the rice instead of being the first item on the table?

YES I HAVE BEEN TO SUCH A RECEPTION!


Have you been to a wedding reception where the soup is kept next to the paan BEEDA?

YES I HAVE BEEN TO SUCH A RECEPTION!

I got to see this arrangement in one reception. No, I am not complaining about this arrangement. Only thing is my stomach is not programmed to eat salad after finishing the breads and gravies and soup after finishing dinner.. ( I don't eat paan Beedas so that does not come into the picture at all!). Its all my fault...I better train myself.

8 comments:

Ideasmoney said...

Hope the bride groom was sitting next to the bride!!

Rohini said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by

Canary said...

I have been to weirder weddings, all the tamasha at most Indian weddings can make for a good comedy, no wonder Mira Nair was inspired!

Squiggles Mom said...

That's why I do a round first then pick up a plate!

Pixie said...

oh... that's extremely weird...
I haven't been to such a reception, but at a friend's reception, it started raining and the damn roof was all leaking (and no, it wasn't the tent kind of roof, the regular roof)

~nm said...

Tagged you! Check it out here

dame's diary said...

Yikes....
Perhaps the caterer was drunk. Why would anyone place soup next to the paan?

Roshan R said...

no way.. paan beside the soup..ewww !!!