Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Confession

I confess .. I just love Bread and cannot resist the temptation to eat bread whenever I see a loaf in front of me. Right from childhood, I am a fan of bread. Those were the days of Britannia and Wibs Bread and Amul Butter ( I guess the salt content and the colour of Amul Butter have been altered now). It was so heavenly to smear lots of Amul butter on a bread slice and devour it.. Mind you, this was before the age of healthy diets!! I can eat bread anytime of the day and can substitute it in place of dinner and lunch. Raw veg sandwiches sold in roadside stalls in Mumbai are my ultimate fav even today. Any leftover slices are eaten up in the form of bread upma with lots of veggies..You See, I don't waste anything except the wrapper..(only in the case of bread)




I used to simply love to eat the oven fresh sweet bread baked in bakeries. Any visit to Karnataka was and still is incomplete without eating this bread, veg puffs and also eating the famous toast ( now called sandwich also) at an Iyengar bakery. Sadly most bakeries are not able to churn out the same tasteful stuffs (like in Iyengar bakeries) according to me, the quality and taste are not as good as the stuff in the Iyengar bakeries. My love for bread was so much that I was teased that I am a dog ( as according to people, dogs only like bread) and also that I must get married to a bakerywala. Sadly, I could not marry a bakerywala!!





So what if I did not marry a bakerywala, I have converted the Mr. into a bread lover and sandwich lover... Hurray...

5 comments:

Swati said...

This post should have been on my blog...how can you steel my post. I am a hard core bread eater :-) Any day any time and with any thing , from butter to milk to sabji to namkeen , everything just goes toooooooo well with bread and vice versa :D

By Deepa and Supriya said...

hi there,
bloghopped here!
:) at the notion of us Indians that only dogs like bread....I mean here in the western world, bread is a staple and what variety you get too.
but I understand your love of bread, esp the Iyengar bakery stuff :)

Asha said...

Peeps! You have got company :)
I can live on bread and water.

Priyanka said...

I too love the bread- amul butter combo :)

Aryan-Arjun said...

ahh..iyengar bakery's sandwitch is best..
AM